If you want to start the game with more money, equip your ships with drones or wares, change your reputation or the reputation between factions all you have to do is edit your saves (xml files).
Before you do AnythingEdit
Before you do any changes in the xml files make a backup in case something goes wrong.
Where are my save files?Edit
Windows Vista & Newer: C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\<STEAM_USER_ID>\save
- <USER> is your Windows username.
- <STEAM_USER_ID> is your Steam User ID number.
The easy wayEdit
This is a save file editor which allow you to do edit the save through a user interface. It's very easy to use just follow the instructions on the website....UPDATE...This download link has been hidden by the author and this mod is INACTIVE. http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/163/?
The hard wayEdit
If you don't want to use the save file editor you will have to use a text editor and open the xml files.
- Start the game look how much credits you have.
- Close the Game and open the save file
- Use the search and replace function of your text editor and search for the money you had before you closed the game and replace it with how much money you want to have.
Requires Home of Light DLC and at least one weapon mod collected.
Search for "<modification" in the XML. Lines that are by themselves are equipped while lines that are grouped together are unequipped. Below are the weapon types and their supported attributes.
- impluse (Pulsed Maser)
- machinegun (Particle Repeater)
- plasma (Plasma Cannon Mk1 Mk2)
- plasma charging (Plasma Cannon Mk3)
- railgun (Railgun)
- shotgun (Inertial Hammer)
Explanation of each attribute (remember these are expressed as multipliers):
- beamlength/lifetime: how far it shoots. A value of 1 is equal to 200%, a value of 2 is equal to 300%, and so on. For example, 2 on railgun extends the default range of 8km to 24km.
- chargetime: the only attribute that's better with a smaller number. Default is 1. If it is set to 0.1 it will take 10% of the normal time to charge the shot to full power. Said differently: at 0.1, the weapon charges to full power ten times faster.
- cooling: how quickly the heat drops.
- damage: multiplier for damage done. Beware of friendly fire and also, missions can be failed if you kill the target too quickly or from too far away (especially a problem with the rail gun).
- mining: how effective the weapon is at destroying asteroids.
- reload: how quickly the weapon is ready to fire after last firing. This vastly increases the damage per second but also vastly increases the heat build up.
- speed: how quickly the projectile travels. The higher this value, the more likely it will impact a fast moving target.
Search for "<stats" in the XML. Below is the IDs that are associated with the achievements. I recommend setting the values just below the requirement then doing the action to trigger the achievement.
- adsigns_destroyed Adblock
- distance_superhighways Travelling Light & Just a Light-Minute
- escort_missions_completed A Safer Journey & A Safer Journey (Hard)
- khaak_destroyed Top Gun
- money_remote_fees_spent The Postman Always Rings Twice & Never Enter Stations Again
- passenger_missions_completed Space Taxi
- ships_captured Hijack This & Hijack This (Hard)
- ships_destroyed Killer's Heaven & Killer's Heaven (Hard)
- turrets_destroyed Can't Shoot This & Can't Shoot This (Hard)
- xenon_drops_collected Xenon Salvager & Xenon Salvager (Hard)
First, there are two areas you have to edit if you want to change faction relations:
- <faction id="player" — These are how you view other factions.
- <faction id="TARGET" — These are how the TARGET faction views the listed factions.
Second, inside of each areas are two types of members:
- <relation — This is the starting/default value of the faction. It doesn't change.
- <booster — This is the change as a result of your actions in the game.
Only booster should be modified (-1 = -30 relation and 1 = +30 relation). Beware that relations are on a curve where the further from zero you get, the less the relation changes.
- 0.00 = 0
- 0.50 = 27
- 0.66 = 28
- 1.00 = 30
Here's how Argon Government perceives the player:
<faction id="argongovernment"> <relations> <relation faction="player" relation="0.0032"/> <booster faction="player" relation="0.9" time="309258.674"/> </relations> </faction>
Here's how the player perceives the Argon Government:
<faction id="player"> <relations> <relation faction="argongovernment" relation="0.0032"/> <booster faction="argongovernment" relation="0.9" time="309258.674"/> </relations> </faction>
The 0.9 on both boosters results in 29 relationship in the game.
If you know other Hacks/Cheats please share them.